- - CALL US ON - -
Tel. +44 (0)161 217 7100
Epicyclic gearing or planetary gearing is a gear system that consists of one or more outer gears, or planet gears, revolving about a central, or sun gear. Typically, the planet gears are mounted on a movable arm or carrier which itself may rotate relative to the sun gear. Epicyclic gearing systems also incorporate the use of an outer ring gear or annulus, which meshes with the planet gears.
Planetary gearboxes typically offer high efficiency, compact construction, high operating speed and good backlash levels.
Our range of epicyclic planetary gearboxes is suitable for use with servo, stepper, AC & DC motors.
The range covers:
- general purpose and precision gearboxes
- torque ratings up to 600Nm continuous
- torque ratings up to 950Nm peak (1900Nm maximum emergency stop torque)
- input speed 6000 maximum
- backlash down to 4, 6, 8 arc-min for single, two and three stage gearboxes respectively
- various output shaft and flange options compatible to established standards
- wide range of input flange and shaft options compatible with most motor dimensions
We also offer a range of ATEX rated planetary gearboxes for use in 'explosive atmospheres'.