Thank you! Your e-mail has been sent. Return to the original page.
Cable colour coding – understanding DESINAPublished Jan 12, 2017
DESINA is an abbreviation for DistributEd and Standardised INstAllation technology for machine tools and manufacturing systems, and is a specification for standardising electric, hydraulic and pneumatic components and their interconnection on one common platform for machine and drive & control system build.
The coding provides a quick overview of the type of signals or power connections that are being made using the cable. This inherrently also provides a useful safety function.
- ORANGE, RAL 2003, for servo applications
- GREEN, RAL 6018, for measuring and feedback systems
- VIOLET, RAL 4001, for Fieldbus and Hybrid cables
- YELLOW, RAL 1021, for sensors
- BLACK, RAL 9005, for power
- GREY, RAL 7040, for control cable